Assertive South Dakota DUI/DWI and Drug Crimes Attorneys Protect and Defend Your Rights
Tough criminal defense lawyers fight for you in the Sioux Falls area
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of your license, higher insurance premiums, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the Sioux Falls area or anywhere in South Dakota, Griese Law Firm, P.C. can provide the diligent defense you deserve. Our attorneys understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. We have the knowledge and tenacity to challenge the evidence against you and pursue the best possible outcome.
Determined South Dakota advocates challenge drunk driving charges
A law enforcement officer’s quest for an arrest or a prosecutor’s desire for a conviction should never take priority over your right to fair treatment. The attorneys at Griese Law Firm, P.C. may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. We will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on “reasonable suspicion” that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels.
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, an officer must inform you of your Miranda rights.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
By challenging these procedures, our committed DUI attorneys will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Knowledgeable counselors provide advice on drug crimes
Our committed legal team will mount a relentless defense of your rights. At Griese Law Firm, P.C., we represent clients charged with all types of state and federal drug crimes, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession with intent to sell
- Drug trafficking
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Prescription drug fraud
- Manufacturing of illegal substances
- Conspiracy to sell drugs
- Operation of a methamphetamine laboratory
- Sale of illegal substances in a school zone
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
If you are arrested and charged with impaired driving or a drug crime, contact an experienced attorney immediately. The attorneys at Griese Law Firm, P.C. can start working on your defense as soon as you call us for help.
Contact aggressive South Dakota DUI/DWI defense lawyers
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a strong defense attorney can challenge the charges against you. Call Griese Law Firm, P.C., in Sioux Falls, today at 605-271-0115 or contact us online to set up a case evaluation.